Sunday, August 20, 2006

SOAP

I feel like crap. Stupid Summer cold.

Last night Jamee and I dropped off the kid and went to see Snakes on a Plane. It's nice to finally see something that lives up to the hype. I was going to do a summer movie round-up, but it's going to wait until I see Little Miss Sunshine this Thursday.

So...

Snakes. On a Plane.

I first heard about it last summer and knew I was going to have to see it. I'd tell people about it and the first thing they'd ask would be. "What's that about?" I think everyone knows what it's about by now. It's about snakes. On a plane.

And it's pretty darn good. Not the best movie ever, but it's not intended to be. It delivers what it promises - lots of snakes attacking people on a plane. I have a feeling the people who go in expecting a campy romp are going to be in for a suprise. It's suprisingly violent and suprisingly gory. Like medical textbook gory. But it's fun and it works and it doesn't outstay its welcome like a bloated pirate... movie.

However, it should be called Snakes in a Plane, because snakes on a plane are not much of a threat once you reach a certain speed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home