Sunday, December 02, 2007


Using mainly spoons, we'll dig a series of tunnels...


Monsters, Inc.
M'House
DVD
12/2/07

So back when I decided to do a post for ev'ry movie I saw, I didn't really take into account that it would actually involve doing a post for every movie I see. Case in point, Monsters Inc. I wasn't planning on watching it, but Tilda wanted to watch a movie and I wanted to show her something that she'd never seen before. So I put in Monsters Inc.

And then I worried that she might get scared.

She's stared saying things are scary. She's bothered by our Balrog candle holder. And there's a picture of Heath Leadger as the Joker that freaks her the fuck out, so I know what I'm doing for Halloween next year. But after the first joke she was fine.

I remember not being all that thrilled with this one when it first came out. I liked it fine enough, but it seemed to me at the time that it was designed more for little kids. I've seen it a few times since, and I like it more each time, but this was the first time that I'd actually watched it with a little kid. By my guess, Tilda's about the same age as the little girl, Boo. And she did get more interested when the little girl shows up. But about halfway through, Tilda got up, walked over to the DVD shelf, picked up a box, came back to me, held it up and said:

"'Credibles?"

We finished watching Monsters Inc. We'll be watching The Incredibles plenty of times. And if I stick to my plan of blogging every movie, every time I see it, I expect in about a year to have something like this:

"Watched goddamn Incredibles again. Still love it, but watched goddamn Incredibles again."

1 Comments:

Blogger Russell P. said...

"And there's a picture of Heath Leadger as the Joker that freaks her the fuck out..."

That's got nothing to do with her age, though. Seriously. That's just...sensible.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home