Monday, October 13, 2008

Last Last Weekend, Part 2 (Now that Last weekend is no longer Last Weekend)

Whenever we travel, I like to eat at places I cannot easily get to where I live. It's a general rule and works out pretty well most of the time and is the primary reason that I didn't drink Starbucks once when we were in Seattle (Tully's rules, but still isn't as good as the coffee at Top Pot Doughnuts). As we reached the exit that we needed to take for Brad and Sara's we saw a huge billboard for a place called Biscuitville.

Looked a little kitschy. We had to try it.

The first morning we were prevented for venturing out to purchase biscuity goodness by Brad and Sara making a damn fine breakfast (including a damn fine blueberry tart thingy), which was nice and big and prevented us from getting too messed up at the World Beer Festival. Got some Indian food at the fest for lunch. Which was nice.

For dinner, we met up with some more friends at a lil family friendly diner in Durham called Elmo's. I got the jambalaya. I'd go back. Even though they never did bring my milkshake. But they didn't charge for it either.

On Sunday we were due to be brunching at Enotica Vin, a wine bar in Raleigh, but more on that later. Because first we went to Biscuitville. Or, Brad and I eventually got to Biscuitville. Because we got lost. Who knew that some streets in Mebane, NC, seem to randomly dead-end? But we got biscuits. And they were nice. And cheap.

And you know what, I'm going to wrap this up, because if there's two things I'm fairly inarticulate at writing about, it's music and food. It basically boils down to "Me like it, it good, you try" for both topics.

But it's good to know people who good places to eat.

And I will let Jamee talk about the barbeque.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home