Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Why So Serious?



Here's why.

OK. I was all prepared to come in and write something about how the Oscars are absurd because Norbit got a nomination and Zodiac got nothing. But then I saw this as a flash on MSN and thought "That can't be right," but it was.

I think that what disturbs me the most is that he had a daughter, also Matilda, who was only a few months younger than mine. Whenever Jamee tells me that she wakes up and I'm not home she asks "Where's Daddy," and it breaks my heart. So I think about his little girl asking where's daddy and it bothers me.

And my mom liked him. A lot. Batman Begins was the last movie my immediate family saw together before my mom died and I wish she could have seen the new one, knowing he was in it. We have the above poster hanging at the bottom of our stairs and it initially really bothered Mathilda. But she's gotten better. Now she'll look up at it and say "Hi, Joker."

Which is nice.

Goodbye, Heath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home