Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Opposite of Awesome

The Omega Man
M'House
DVD

I think that The Omega Man now exists so that when someones says that they didn't care for the Will Smith version of I Am Legend, I can say, "you should check out the Charlton Heston version where the monsters are a cult of albino disco mutants."

Albino.
Disco.
Mutants.

Or something. It doesn't really matter. The Omega Man, like, I Am Legend, is an adaptation of Richard Matheson's novel I Am Legend, but is so loosely adapted that it only shares the lead character's name and the general idea.

(OK, I started writing this two days ago and based on tonight's news it seems to be in really poor taste to go where I was going to go with it, so I'm just going to abandon it for now until I see the Vincent Price version and can do a big thing on all three.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home