Thursday, December 20, 2007

Trailer Park: Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Hellboy II: The Golden Army trailer

Add to My Profile | More Videos

I love Hellboy and I love Guillermo Del Toro. The thing is, I didn't love Guillermo Del Toro's Hellboy. I liked it, but of the three versions of Hellboy, Del Toro's film version is my least favorite. Mike Mignola's comics are great, and the animated films are wonderful, especially Blood and Iron, but there just seemed like there was something missing from the live action film. And I've seen it about five times.

Still, I'm looking forward to Hellboy II: The Golden Army. From what I've heard it's going to be more along the lines of Pan's Labyrinth than the first film, which is a good thing, because that film hews closer to the spirit of the Hellboy comics that the first Hellboy film did. Having said that, I'm not entirely sold on this trailer. I like the monsters, and nobody does monsters like Del Toro. It just seems like the first film and that makes me a bit wary of it.

But I'm sure I'll be surprised. And it's nice to see Johann. And that Comic-Con teaser poster is gorgeous.

Hellboy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home