Friday, December 21, 2007

Getting the Finger

So as I'm about to leave work yesterday I notice that there are a couple of people standing by my friend JP's desk and they're all agitated about something. I ask what was going on and they say that they just saw a severed finger on the ground downstairs by the dumpster.

"It was horrible, I almost threw up."

I'm leaving for the day and either I or JP say to the other, "Want to go take a look at it," and the other says "Sure," and we do, because that's what guys do.

So we get downstairs and take the exit by the dumpster. One of our managers is standing by the door smoking a cigarette and about twenty feet away are two guys standing over what looks like a finger. One of them is poking it with a stick, because that's what guys do.

The manager asks JP and I, "What's going on?" One of us replies, "Apparently that's a finger."

The manager walks over to it, leans over, and then picks it up.

"That's not a finger."

That's a potato.

2 Comments:

Blogger Misty Beethoven said...

That's so awesome.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Misty Beethoven said...

It does sort of resemble a human finger. Maybe next week you'll find a potato Virgin de Guadalupe or perhaps even Jesus himself in potato form.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home